Friday, July 5, 2013

July Stork Stack or Ready, Set, Summer! + Discount Code

July's Stork Stack showed up in our post box today and we couldn't be more excited about this one! If you're interested in finding out more about Stork Stack or signing up you can do so here. Stacks are $27.99 a month and you can save $10 on your first stack if you use my referral code F9DE8478 when you check out. They're delivered the first week of each month and you'll get an email notifying you (on or around the 1st of each month) that your stack has taken flight.
"Ready, Set Summer!" July Stork Stack for a 21 month old girl.
I was so glad to see that the summer stack included a book! We love reading, we love books and somehow we've more than managed to pass that on to our little girl. She's all about the books and I love that the summer stack included a good book to read! The book in our Stack is a First Time book published by Child's Play International called Sports Day. There are 12 books in all in this series and they celebrate "first" events in the life of a little kid. This book was a great choice for the summer stack as it shows the kids in the book doing all kinds of activities outside, drinking water and wearing hats! We've already read it several times! I'm sure it's going to be a new favorite!


As for being active and playing outside, the rest of the box is all about that. We got a super set of sand molds from Mellissa & Doug. These I'm excited to bust out and try. They're plastic, so I'm pretty sure that unlike some of our M&D wooden toys in the past they won't paint chip problems or decals that come off. Plus they're made for the sand and to be used outdoors so they have to be tough right? Anyway we were sent a set of 5 nesting (for easy storage) molds ranging in size, color, shape and sea creature. These are part of Melissa & Doug's Sunny Patch line they look fun. I'm sure we'll get use out of them in our own yard, at the park, in the pool, at the beach and possibly even the bath!
These didn't stay in their original packaging for long!
The sea creature characters, a turtle, fish, starfish, crap and seahorse - so cute!
I love that they nest for easy transport and storage.
We also received a super awesome sunhat and this one I'm totally stoked about! It's a Baby Banz: Kidz UPF 50+ Reversiable Bucket Hat and the best part about it is the adjustable velcro overlapping closure in the back, meaning that even though we received a size 2-4 hat I can adjust it tight enough to fit my daughter's head now and loosen it as she grows. I'm already in love with this idea! It's genius.
I didn't know Baby Banz made this product and honestly we've never owned anything made by them, so I can't wait to give this the old try out. At first look the material feels super sturdy, but also flexible and soft. There aren't funny seams or anything that's going to cause funny lines or get itchy in warm weather. These hats come in two sizes baby which is supposed to fit age newborn to 2 years and Kidz or size 2-5 each is sized by head circumference as well for a more exact fit.  Hopefully, this is a hat my toddler will leave on, she's not so into hats, but as we spend tons of time outside she has to wear one. At least we try to keep it on.
One side is printed, the other is solid.
I was just about as excited to see Supergoop! in our box as I was to see the Banz hat. I've been wanting to try out Supergoop! sunscreen for some time now, but haven't been able to justify buying it at full price when I still have so much other sunscreen that will work in the house. 
Now I can try it and see what I think. I honestly hope it's as awesome as I've heard it's supposed to be! While I wish that they had sent a small tube of it, or another handful of little sample packets just so we could use it all summer, I'd rather have the few samples they did include than not get to try it at all. I will undoubtedly use these for travel and on the go applications rather than every day use, but that will be great as they'll be easy to pack.

Finally, the last product in our stack was a box of Bitsy's Brainfood Orange Chocolate Beet cookies. This is part of their "smart snacks"  and I must admit it was hard not to open these up and share them right away. But that might have ruined dinner.
A new snack for anytime!
This little box of alphabet cookies come complete with a collectable alphabet sticker in the box and is packed full of vitamins and nutrients. This one will be going on our next all day adventure for sure and if they're any good we'll be scouring our stores or ordering more online!

All told, I couldn't be happier with this stack, everything in it is something we'll use this summer or would have bought to try had we found it on our own anyway. We needed a new sunhat as we're right at the point of outgrowing last years and the iPlay one we have is too big for this summer.  July's Ready, Set, Summer Stack was a hit and I can't wait to see what August has in store!

If you're interested in getting your own stack in the mail go to https://www.storkstack.com/join?ref_code=F9DE8478 and use referral code F9DE8478 at check out to save $10 off your first one! August promises to be a good one, July definitely was! Boxes range from the third trimester up to age 3.

I am a current stork stack subscriber. I was in no way compensated for this review. All thoughts, opinions and photos are my own. If you purchase your own stork stack using my referral code I may receive a $10 credit on my next stack. Once you create an account you will receive a referral code of your own to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment