Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weekend Wrap: Potty Training?!

So it's been an interesting week/weekend. We apparently got over the heartbreak of last weekend, although we haven't fully recovered from the "dog separation" and constantly ask daddy to "buy it." <--- An awesome new trend (not)! Wonder how long that will last?

Getting over the "heartbreak" has brought an obsessive shift in needing to use the potty.... Hmmm. I have mixed feelings about this. K- had her 18 month well baby visit on Monday and she passed with flying colors, got her immunizations and we were on our way. Yipee! We of course were given early reading literature by her doctor on toilet training our child, but honestly I was sort of hoping this stage could wait a little longer. Or, at least until we got back from our vacation to Canada in September. In fact I was really hoping it would hold off until she was closer to 2 and it started to rain all the time and we were trapped inside more anyway. K- of course has different plans. She wants to do it now. So now is what we'll try.

In other words, we've spent a lot of time "almost making it to the potty" and "sitting on the potty" and we've got wiping and flushing - at least the actions down pat. But we haven't had very many successful "hits" in the potty yet. Oh, and of course we cannot even think about using the toddler potty chair anymore. K- must sit on the big toilet to attempt to go. I guess I've got my homework cut out for me in the next couple of evenings since I really haven't done a ton of reading about this one yet and I'm really curious to find out just what sort of travel potty options are out there. We don't own a car and use public transportation - the bus or walk a lot. Neither are super friendly for a potty training toddler. This is definitely shaping up to be a messy adventure. At least we have most of the home potty training necessities.... That's a start. However, I spent the weekend realizing my husband and I are definitely in over our heads on this one! Yikes....

No comments:

Post a Comment