Monday, August 5, 2013

August Stork Stack "Damaged Goods"

So excited that our August Stork Stack was out for delivery today! ...at lest until we got to the mailbox and found this...
This is what was waiting for us in the mailbox. :(
The box wasn't just soggy and falling apart; it stunk. The product that leaked smelled awful mixed with the cardboard.





Much to K's- utter disappointment, she didn't even get to help open this box up. I honestly didn't even want to bring it inside it stunk so bad. But I wanted to take pictures so that I could email Stork Stack's Customer Service and hopefully they'll replace the damaged items! Also, I really hope that the product that leaked doesn't actually smell like the box inside the plastic bag (thanks to the US Postal Service) smelled or we definitely won't be using it if they do replace it. Yuck!

From what I could make out of the box, it looked like a fun one. Stork Stack chose to go with a "Splish, Splash, Bed and Bath" theme this month and that seemed like a great one to us! The products listed on the information card as best I could make them out included: a green toy product (I'm guessing sub, seaplane or tug boat) - I'm hoping it was the new seaplane, but I don't know as I can't read my card and this item was missing from our box; a Rich Frog Soap Sack; a book called "It's Time To Sleep" by Nancy Tillman which I was so sad to see covered in soap because I love her books and we don't have this one yet!; Bionee Pure Hair and Body Cleansing Foam and the culprit of the damage and destruction that was our box this month, also the culprit of the horrible stench... hmm, not thrilled about this one; and finally, Chivas Bath Salts - a treat for mom!
Ewww!
Should have been a fun box, isn't the soap sack cute?

Anyway, I emailed Customer Support as soon as I put my little one to bed tonight and am hoping for a speedy and helpful response and some replacement products soon! I've never really had any dealings with Stork Stack Support to date so am curious to see what they're like. I will be sure to update here as customer service is incredibly important to me in any company I deal with.

If you're interested in checking out Stork Stack and want to save $10 on your first order feel free to use this code F9DE8478 at checkout! All of our past Stacks have been phenomenal and I'm sure we'll have some sort of resolution soon for this one! The items in this box with the Green Toy included would have retailed for about $47.00 which is pretty awesome considering that you can get your first Stack using F9DE8478 for only $17.99.



I am a current stork stack subscriber. I was in no way compensated for this review. All thoughts, opinions and photos are my own. If you purchase your own stork stack using my referral code I may receive a $10 credit on my next stack. Once you create an account you will receive a referral code of your own to share.

2 comments:

  1. That is just terrible! I am sure they will replace it for youl I am hoping we get the soap sack in ours, my kids are CRAZY about soap. Isn't that weird?? Thanks for stopping by!!!

    http://mommysplurge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandy... they did replace the items and I need to do a follow up post on that, but unfortunately they were all out of the Bionee Pure Hair and Body Cleansing Foam so we don't get to try that one out. :(

      Delete