Thursday, October 10, 2013

Citrus Lane September Box

So, I'm a month behind in everything. I feel like I didn't even have a September and that I went straight from the end of August to the beginning of October. Technically, no one is to blame for that but me. Well my husband might be able to take a little bit of the blame, for agreeing to take 3 weeks off and head North to visit his parents and catch up with old friends and such, but I'm the one who let things get so far behind.

Anyway, now that the 15th of October is quickly approaching and I'll have a new Citrus Lane box to review in about a week, I finally decided I'd better do something about the last one I got. So, here's a look at our September CL box for a 20 month old girl.
  •  The Purple Poodle Goody Bag from North American Bear Company - okay, so I left all most all of this stuff in the packaging it came in because this is going to be a stocking stuffer. My daughter is obsessed with dogs, she loves the color purple and she loves having her own bag to carry. Talk about win-win-win! 
  • Charley Harper ABCs from AMMO Books - I am absolutely in love with this book. Needless to say, it's also been put up to use as a part of a later gift. But it's gorgeous! If we didn't already have multiple ABC books I'd have kept this one out to read now. The images are amazing.
  • Playful Wash from Episencial - this seems to be a Citrus Lane staple item. I don't know how many boxes we've received this item or another item from Episencial in. The stuff works, but you can only use so much soap at one time. We're currently still working on another soap from one of their boxes so this will either be regifted or put away for another day.
  • Super Toddler Bar from Happy Family - again, this seems to be a go-to company for Citrus Lane. I would love to see them branch out for older kid snacks and send out foods that the whole family might enjoy that aren't marketed specifically to the baby crowd. However, I'm always glad when the snack item sent out isn't a pouch, so I'll take this one.
  • Nail Color from Julep - Okay so up until a month ago, I hadn't bit on the Julep train. Then, finally I did. I have a color almost identical to this one from Essie that I love. The Julep polish seems to be really quite good. I was excited to get a non-makeup beauty product for mom this month! While I don't wear tons of face makeup I do love a good bottle of nail polish and this was mom treat I can definitely get behind.
All totaled the value was over the $ money spent on this box and we got an awesome variety of products this month. Some months I'm totally wowed by the contents of our boxes and others seem to be average. That being said, I've subscribed for well over a year now and have countless items from Citrus Lane boxes that we use all the time items I never would have bought on my own. Plus the fun of getting a package for your little one is always a fun treat! 

For those that don't know, Citrus Lane is a subscription box that curates monthly boxes for ages 0-5. They supply a box filled with 4-5 of the best parent-picked and parent tested finds on the market customized to your child's age, stage and gender. Boxes are priced at $25 but if you sign up for a longer prepaid subscription you can get your boxes for as low as $21/month. If you're interested in subscribing you can check them out here if you want to just try out one month you can use the code 'takehalf' and only pay $12.50!

All thoughts, opinions & photos included here are my own. No compensation was received for this post. If you use my referral links listed (I appreciated it and thank you, if you do!) I may receive some credit toward my own future boxes. I have been a subscriber of Citrus Lane's monthly boxes since June 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment